Escarole & White Bean Stew
4 tbsp. Olive Oil
4 lb. Gardein™ Sliced Italian Saus’age (7426710139)
6 cloves Garlic, chopped
1 #10 (108 oz.) can Cannellini Beans, drained (reserve 2 c. liquid)
½ c. Flat-Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
2 pinches Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
3 qt. Vegetable Stock
4 lb. Escarole, thinly sliced
1 10 oz. piece Pecorino Romano*, ½ thinly sliced, ½ finely grated
1. Heat oil in a large heavy pan. Brown the Gardein™ Sliced Italian Saus’age on both sides over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add beans and 2 c. reserved bean liquid, increase heat to medium-high, and cook 5-7 minutes until hot.
4. Add parsley, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer briefly.
5. In a separate large pot, bring stock to a boil. Add escarole to stock, reduce heat to medium-low, and add sliced Pecorino Romano. Simmer 4-5 minutes until escarole is completely wilted.
6. Stir escarole mixture into bean mixture. Cook, partially covered, until slightly thickened (about 1 hour). Serve with grated Pecorino Romano*.
Servings: 12 - 15
*Substitute vegan option if desired.